Following the guidance that was issued by the NI Executive this evening, ahead of the current COVID-19 restrictions expiring at 00.01am on Friday 11 December, the province’s Rugby Committee, in partnership with the Ulster Rugby Emergency Committee and the IRFU, has issued the following update for clubs operating in NI.
In-line with the latest guidance from the NI Executive on a return to sport, local clubs operating in Northern Ireland are permitted by Ulster Rugby and the IRFU to engage in the following activity from tomorrow:
- Full contact training, at all levels, can resume from Friday 11 December.
- Training is encouraged to continue in pods of 15.
- Friendly matches are permissible from 2 January 2021 onwards.
- It is anticipated that competitive fixtures will resume from 30 January.
- Clubs should note that all of the above is subject to any changes within Northern Ireland Executive regulations.
Clubs will be contacted directly with further information relating to this guidance.
The guidance for clubs in Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan remains as per the update on 1 December.
Ulster Rugby and the IRFU will continue to communicate the latest information from government to clubs across the province as soon as it becomes available.