Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the first interprovincial derby of the season at Kingspan Stadium, which pits two unbeaten teams against each other…
- Competition: Guinness PRO14 Round 10
- Venue: Kingspan Stadium
- Date: Saturday 2 January
- Kick-off: 5:15 pm
- Match Officials: Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU), Assistant Referees: Andrew Brace, Rob O’Sullivan (both IRFU), TMO: Joy Neville (IRFU)
- Live TV: Premier Sports 2, eir Sport 1
Saturday’s game will be played behind closed doors, in line with current NI Executive restrictions.
See full team details ⤵️ #SUAF 🔴
— Munster Rugby (@Munsterrugby) January 1, 2021
OFFICIAL DIGITAL MATCHDAY PROGRAMME
- Overall Guinness PRO14 head to head record: Played 37, Ulster won 16, Munster won 19 with 2 games drawn.
- Ulster have won all nine games they have played in the Guinness PRO14 this season. Their most recent defeat in the Championship was in last season’s final to Leinster.
- Munster have won all seven games they have played in the Championship this season, with their most recent reversal being to Leinster in last season’s semi-final.
- The Munstermen have won only one of their last five encounters with fellow Irish provinces.
GUINNESS PRO14 CAMPAIGN TO CONCLUDE IN MARCH AHEAD OF NEW ‘RAINBOW CUP’
How it will work:
- The 2020/21 Guinness PRO14 campaign will finish after 16 rounds, with the Conference winners facing each other in a final in late March
- Qualification for EPCR tournaments in 2021/22 will be decided by rankings after Round 16
- On April 17, 2021, the Guinness PRO14 Rainbow Cup will kick-off and introduce the Vodacom Bulls, Emirates Lions, Cell C Sharks and DHL Stormers and their World Cup-winning Springboks
- The Guinness PRO14 Rainbow Cup will consist of a pool stage (two pools of eight teams) and a final between the two pool winners
For more information, click here.
#SUFTUMATHOME DOWNLOADABLE FAN PACK
Create your own match-day – download our fan pack to get the whole family in match-day mood, featuring Ulster Rugby bunting and posters. Transform your living room into match-day mode no matter where you are. We know nothing can compare to being there – so let’s make the most of our Guinness Pro14 2020-21 campaign at home!
- #SUFTUMAtHome Dan the Man
- #SUFTUMAtHome Posters
- #SUFTUMAtHome Lyrics
- #SUFTUMAtHome Bunting
- #SUFTUMAtHome Colour Iain
LAST TIME OUT
Ulster last hosted Munster in their first game of 2020, and recorded a resounding bonus-point victory in another raucous sold-out fixture at Kingspan Stadium. Scores from John Cooney, Robert Baloucoune, Matthew Rea, Player of the Match Stuart McCloskey and Jacob Stockdale, with another 13 points off the boot of Cooney, strengthened Ulster’s position in second place of Conference A in the Guinness PRO14 2019/20 season.