After a bonus-point win against Scarlets last weekend, Ulster look to extend their unbeaten start as they travel to Scotland to take on Edinburgh in Round 8 of the Guinness PRO14
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the game…
- Competition: Guinness PRO14 Round 8
- Venue: BT Murrayfield
- Date: Monday 30 November
- Kick-off: 8:15pm (GMT)
- Match Officials: Referee: Craig Evans (WRU, 14th competition game) Assistant Referees: Hollie Davidson, David Sutherland (both SRU) TMO: Charles Samson (SRU)
- Live TV: Premier Sports 1
Your Ulster team will be announced 12 noon on Sunday.
- Overall Guinness PRO14 head to head record: Played 34, Edinburgh won 11, Ulster won 23.
- Edinburgh Rugby two game-winning run in the Guinness PRO14 ended with their 10-50 reversal at Leinster in Round 6
- Edinburgh’s most recent fixture at BT Murrayfield was an 18-0 victory over Cardiff, their first win at the famous old venue since February.
- Ulster have won all seven matches so far this campaign in the Championship, five of those with maximum points.
- The Ulstermen have won their last four away games in the Guinness PRO14; their best sequence on the road since December 2012.
- The Ulstermen have won their last four matches against Edinburgh including last season’s semi-final.
- The Irishmen have also won on their last three visits to Scotland’s HQ of rugby.
LAST TIME OUT
Back in September a sublime semi-final comeback at Murrayfield booked Ulster a Guinness Pro14 final clash with Leinster, with Ian Madigan the hero as his stoppage-time penalty edged out Edinburgh in a classic knock-out encounter.