Ulster travel to Swansea this Saturday evening to take on Ospreys, with both sides looking to build on opening round wins in the new Guinness PRO14 season.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the game…
- Competition: Guinness PRO14 Round 2
- Venue: Liberty Stadium
- Date: Saturday 10 October
- Kick-off: 5:15pm
- Match Officials: Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 45th competition game); Assistant Referees: Dan Jones, Gwyn Morris (both WRU); TMO: Ian Davies (WRU)
- Live TV: Premier Sports 2, eir Sport 2
- Overall Guinness PRO14 head to head record: Played 33, Ospreys won 15, Ulster won 18.
- Ospreys Rugby beat Edinburgh at BT Murrayfield on the opening round of the Guinness PRO14, only their second victory in the Championship since 12 October last year.
- Ospreys have won just once at Liberty Stadium in their last ten matches in all tournaments: 26-24 over this weekend’s opponents, Ulster, in the PRO14 in February.
- Ulster Rugby beat Benetton in Round 1 of the Guinness PRO14 but have not won successive matches in the Championship since January.
- Ospreys beat Ulster 26-24 at Liberty Stadium in Round 11 last season but have not won successive encounters over the Ulstermen since 2011.
- Ulster have won on four of their last seven visits to Ospreys (including one game taken to Bridgend).
Marcus Rea will make his first start for Ulster on Saturday evening. The 23-year-old – who was Player of the Match in his sole previous Ulster appearance as a replacement against Leinster in April 2019 – has been named at openside flanker. Marcus’s older brother Matty – Player of the Match in last weekend’s bonus point win over Benetton – is named alongside him at blindside.
Alun Wyn Jones, Rhys Webb and Justin Tipuric all start for Ospreys…
— Ospreys (@ospreys) October 9, 2020
Last Time Out
Ospreys last hosted Ulster back in February, in challenging conditions at the Liberty Stadium.
Dan McFarland’s men had to settle for a losing bonus point, despite leading with five minutes to go before eventually losing out 26-24 to the hosts.