Ulster are looking to extend their unbeaten start to the Guinness PRO14 as they travel to Rodney Parade this Monday evening to take on Cardiff Blues.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the game…
- Competition: Guinness PRO14 Round 4
- Venue: Rodney Parade
- Date: Monday 2 November
- Kick-off: 6:00pm
- Match Officials: Referee: Sam Grove-White (SRU, 9th competition game); Assistant Referees: Adam Jones, Ben Breakspear (both WRU); TMO: Ian Davies (WRU)
- Live TV: Premier Sports 2, eir Sport 1
- Ulster have begun the season with a perfect played three, won three record.
- Ulster have lost just one of their last five contests with the Blues; 17-35 at the Arms Park in March 2018.
- Ulster are unbeaten in their last four visits to Rodney Parade although all fixtures were played against Dragons.
- Cardiff Blue’s three game-winning run in the Guinness PRO14 ended with their 27-38 defeat at Munster on Monday evening.
- Blue’s only defeat in a home game since last November was to Scarlets at the Arms Park in January.
- The Welshmen have won their last five matches played at Rodney Parade
Matty Rea is set to make his 50th Ulster appearance in the Guinness PRO14 Round 4 clash against Cardiff Blues at Rodney Parade. Billy Burns will make his return from injury to captain the side at fly-half with John Cooney and Stuart McCloskey also returning from international duties.
Luke Marshall is set to make his return from injury to make his first appearance this season as he is included among the replacements.
Our opposition tonight:
Your Cardiff Blues team to face @UlsterRugby tomorrow.
— Cardiff Blues (@cardiff_blues) November 1, 2020
OVERALL PRO14 RECORD
Played 31, Cardiff won 13, Ulster won 17 with 1 game drawn.
LAST TIME OUT
Dan McFarland’s men marked their second home game of the 2019/20 season with a hard-fought win against the Cardiff Blues. Tries from Luke Marshall and Billy Burns, with 13 points from the boot of Player of the Match, John Cooney maintained Ulster’s impressive home record.