Only two teams remain standing in the race to be crowned the 2019/20 Guinness PRO14 champions as Leinster and Ulster prepare to lock horns on Saturday at Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
The all-Irish Final will see Leinster attempt to win their third title after overcoming Munster 13-3 in the last four, maintaining their 100 per cent record in this campaign. Ulster mounted a stunning late comeback to defeat Conference B winners Edinburgh 22-19 in their Semi-Final to book their place in the Guinness PRO14 Final for the second time.
Here everything you need to know ahead of the game…
- Date: Saturday 12 September
- Kick-off: 7.35 pm
- Competition: Guinness PRO14 Final
- Where: Aviva Stadium, Dublin
- Match Officials: Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 55th competition game); Assistant Referees: Frank Murphy (IRFU) and George Clancy (IRFU)
- TV coverage: Live on Premier Sport 1 / eir Sport / TG4
- Leinster Rugby are playing their ninth Guinness PRO14 Final in the last eleven years and are bidding to go through an entire Guinness PRO14 campaign with a 100 per cent winning record
- Ulster’s previous Guinness PRO14 Final appearance was seven years ago at the RDS Arena when Leinster took the title 24-18.
- Leinster have lost just once in their last seven meetings with Ulster, and that by a single point in Belfast in April 2019.
- The Ulstermen’s most recent victory over Leinster at Lansdowne Road was in the Inter-Provincial Championship in October 1989
The Ulster men will be boosted by the return of club captain, Iain Henderson, who will be making his first appearance since the season resumption and is one of four changes to the side that defeated Edinburgh in last week’s thrilling Semi-Final at BT Murrayfield.
Opposition Leinster will be lead out by first-time captain Garry Ringrose.
— Leinster Rugby (@leinsterrugby) September 11, 2020
PRO14 FINAL TO BE SCREENED AT DRIVE-IN CINEMA
Ulster Rugby are delighted to partner with Let’s Go Hydro Resort to screen Saturday’s Guinness PRO14 Final at Belfast’s only Drive-In Cinema, located at their water-sports and activity centre.
With the game between Ulster and Leinster set to be played behind closed doors at Aviva Stadium, this is a unique opportunity to watch the match with family or friends, in the company of other Ulster supporters!
Limited places are available and must be pre-booked. Price of admission is £24 per car and includes one Margherita pizza, popcorn and soft drinks. Gates open at 6.30 pm, with the match kicking off at 7.35 pm.
All 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders and 2020/21 #TogetherUlster Members have been emailed with a promo code, which will activate a special offer price of £15 per car.
Head over to our official Instagram page this Saturday night at 6:30 pm as Irish singer-songwriter JC Stewart is taking over our Instagram live for a pre-match show to get you in match-day mood.
#SUFTUMAtHome Downloadable Fan Pack
Create your own match-day – download our fan pack to get the whole family in match-day mood, featuring Ulster Rugby bunting and posters.
Transform your living room into match-day mode for Guinness Pro14 Final against Leinster on Saturday evening no matter where you are. We know nothing can compare to being there – so let’s make the most of our Guinness Pro14 Final at home!
- #SUFTUMAtHome Dan the Man
- #SUFTUMAtHome Posters
- #SUFTUMAtHome Lyrics
- #SUFTUMAtHome Bunting
- #SUFTUMAtHome Colour Iain
- #SUFTUMAtHome Colour Marcell
KUKRI SPORTS LAUNCH NEW ULSTER RUGBY TRAINING RANGE
Ulster Rugby supporters can pre-order the new 2020/21 season training range from the club’s official kit supplier, Kukri Sports. The new men’s and women’s training range features a continuation of traditional black and grey apparel from previous seasons, highlighted with gold from the provincial crest.
Pre-order the new training range now »
STILL NEED TO GET HYPED UP..?