Queen's Sport and Queen's University Belfast RFC would like to invite applications for the position of Head Coach for the 2017/18 Season. Please see the below criteria for details...
A letter outlining why you think you are suitable for the role and a full Rugby CV documenting any rugby experiences you feel relevant.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be an IRFU Level 2 Accredited Coach (Stage 4 Rugby), or be actively working towards accreditation who is performance focused and results motivated.
- Have 3 years of previous experience as a Club and or School Head Coach. Experience and previous involvement in the Development of Talented Players would be beneficial.
- Must be able to articulate and deliver a clear playing and coaching philosophy.
- Must be self motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union.
- Create an environment that balances player development with team performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate players.
- Lead the coaching team responsible for the Senior and Queen's Rugby Academy Squads.
- Plan the coaching programme for the season.
- Plan, prepare and deliver individual coaching sessions for the Clubs Senior/Academy squad.
- Ensure that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players in your squad.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions, matches involved with the Clubs Senior/Academy squad.
- Provide feedback to coaches, players and appropriate QUBRFC Coaching committee, Queen's Sport and IRFU/Ulster personnel.
- Play an integral role in the performance sport coaching team at Queen's with involvement in peer learning and bespoke personal development initiatives.
- Depending on performance, there will be the option to extend the coaching term, however initially the post would be reviewed after one year.
The successful candidate would be responsible for reporting to Queen's Sport and the QUBRFC club coaching committee, and would be willing to work alongside Queen's University and the club with the overall promotion of the university.
Subject to applications, there will be an interview process, involving both University staff and club officials. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 17th April 2017.
Applications or any queries should be forwarded to:
Darryl Callaghan (Queen's Rugby Development Officer) at Darryl.Callaghan@qub.ac.uk.
// LARNE RFC HEAD COACH / PLAYER COACH
Championship 2 club Larne RFC is looking for a Head Coach/Player Coach for next season 2017-18 to develop the potential of an enthusiastic squad of young players.
Full details of the position and how to apply can be found at www.larnerfc.com
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 13th April 2017.
- Larne RFC Head Coach Job Description (Mar 2017)