Celebrating the real heroes of local rugby clubs!
We all know the people who make a rugby club tick – the fundraisers and problem solvers, the caretakers and motivators. The people who keep the kits washed, the balls pumped, the showers running and the fun flowing. The ones who get the kids passing, the parents cheering, keep the team’s spirits up, the committee’s heads down and the sponsors money in. Because at the heart of Ulster Rugby are Ulster’s clubs, where the people who really matter, bring the game we all love, to everyone who wants to join in.
So, if you know someone in your club that you couldn’t do without, nominate them using the entry form below. They could win £1,000 for the club!
Nominations must be received by Monday 18th February. (* NOTE EXTENDED DEADLINE *)
Nomination Rules / Terms and Conditions
- The panel’s decision is final. Due to the anticipated level of nominations it will not be possible to provide feedback on individual nominations.
- The panel reserve the right not to select a finalist for each award category should they consider nominations to be unsuitable or incomplete. Additionally, they reserve the right to award more than one finalist per category should they feel that the nominations in said category are outstanding.
- The awards are open to all affiliated club volunteers, aged 16 or over who have been volunteering with the club for a minimum of six months
- Entries should not exceed the 400-word limit, only the first 400 words will be considered by the judges.
- All nominees must be willing to take part in publicity, including pictures and video for the website and social media, those who do not wish to take part in publicity will not be considered.
- The final 8 will be subject to a public vote with a maximum of 25 points available.
- The points are awarded based on the percentage of the vote – e.g. Person A receives 20% of the vote, they receive 5 points.
- Finalist with the most combined votes (judges and public) wins their category.
- Only one entry per person will be considered. If judges receive multiple nominates for an individual, they reserve the right to choose the best entry form to put forward for judging.