The Community Champions Award is now in its second year, brought to you by SONI, title sponsors of the Ulster Rugby Premiership, along with Ulster Rugby.
The Award recognises the efforts of volunteers who contribute to the smooth running of grassroots rugby throughout the Province. This year there will be two categories, meaning two lucky winners will walk away with £1,000 bursary for their club, as well as tickets to the Ulster Rugby Awards ceremony this Summer.
The Community Champions award is open to all affiliated club volunteers, aged 16 and over who have been volunteering with the club for at least six months.
There are two categories:
- Adult (anyone who volunteers within adult rugby including both men and women's adult rugby and adult disability rugby)
- Youth and Mini (anyone who volunteers within youth and mini rugby including youth disability teams)
Eight semi-finalists will be shortlisted and will feature in PR and publicity in the News Letter's Total Rugby supplement and on Ulster Rugby's website and social media.
Four finalists will be invited along to a reception at Ulster Rugby in March. All four finalists will then attend the Ulster Rugby Awards where the winners will be officially rewarded with their award and club bursary.
Who can submit a nomination?
Anyone with a link to the club - members, volunteers, players, parents of mini and youth players. You can even nominate yourself!
How do you make a nomination?
- Submit an online application form below
- Request a soft copy of the form at firstname.lastname@example.org and return by post to SONI Community Champions Award, Ulster Rugby, 134 Mount Merrion Avenue, BELFAST, BT6 0FT.
Please read the awards criteria and nomination rules before making a nomination.
Who should be nominated?
We want to hear about people who go above and beyond the call of duty for the love of the game and their club, the people with passion, the people who make a difference and the people who are the heart and soul of their club.
When do nominations have to be submitted?
The closing date for nominations is Friday 10th February 2017 at midnight.
What happens after that?
The panel will then meet to shortlist the finalists. Eight semi-finalists will be announced through Ulster Rugby and local media at the end of February and our four finalists will then be invited along to attend a reception at Ulster Rugby in March. Our four finalists (two per category) will be invited to attend the End of Season Ulster Rugby Awards where winners will be rewarded on stage.
Nomination Rules/Terms and Conditions
- Nominations must be received by midnight on Friday 10th February 2017.
- The panel's decision is final. Due to the anticipated level of nominations it will not be possible to provide feedback on individual nominations.
- Volunteers should have been with the club for at least six months by the date of submission.
- The awards are open to all affiliated club volunteers, aged 16 and over.
- Nominees must be willing to partake in publicity including photography and interviews which may be published in local papers, online and on SONI and Ulster Rugby's social media platforms.